Starting your trip in Lisbon, you’ll relax and surf at the beaches going up the Northwest Coast. Then without having driven too far, you’ll turn around for the drive to the Algarve where you can spend the day at one of the most beautiful places in Portugal.
*Extra: Rental Car or Ride-Hailing Service Required. For free travel codes, click here.
Day 1: Arrival
Start the trip off with instant action by renting a surfboard in Lisbon and driving to Cascais. Get your first taste of the famous Portugal swells then see some notable sites of the city.
- Lisbon’s and Cascais’s closest surf beach is Carcavelos, grab a board and dive right into the ocean. Throughout this trip, you may also take surf lessons at different locations on the coast
- In Cascais be sure to check out the sea cliffs of Boca do Inferno/Hell mouth
- Take an evening stroll through the popular Parque Marechal Carmona
- Stay the night in Cascais
Day 2: Running up the Ramparts
Take a quick drive to Sintra and start the day off strong with good surf session. Sintra is home to some of Portugal’s most famous and massive castles, these are a must see.
- 9:00: Drive from Cascais to the beaches of Sintra. The reputable surf beaches by Sintra are Pria da Adraga, Praia da Ursa, Praia do Magotio, and Praia da Aguda
- 9:25 – 13:00: Surf the first half of the day away! Then drive back to Sintra for city sightseeing
- 13:25 – EOD: See the Sintra castles and parks; there are a lot of them so you’ll want to budget time respectively. These include Quinta da Regaleria, Quinta da Regaleria, Castle of the Moors, Monserrate Palace, Parque de Pena, Palacio Nacional de Sintra, Covento dos Capuchos, and Cabo da Roca
- (EOD): Stay the night in Sintra
Day 3: A full Day Surfing
There is a lot to see in Sintra, so if you didn’t get the chance to see everything you wanted, take some more time and see them today. After seeing all the Sintra sites, make room for more surfing!
- 10:30: Drive from Sintra to Ericeria
- 11:00 – EOD: Surf, surf, surf at some of Ericeria’s famous surf beaches. These beaches are Praia da Empa, Praia de Soa Seastiao, or Praia da Baleia
- (EOD): Stay the night in Ericeria
Day 4: Swimming in the Legend’s Wake
On your last day of surfing enjoy the culture at one of Portugal’s most famous surf towns. Watch the big waves at Nazare as well as surf some tamer beaches nearby.
- 10:00: Drive from Ericeria to Nazare
- 11:12 – 15:00: Surf moderate size waves at Praia da Nazare. Then drive to Alcobaca
- 15:20 – EOD: Spend the night in Alcobaca and view the towns notable sites such as Fatima, the Monastery of Alcobaca, and Baia de Sao Martinho do Porto
Day 5: Mediterranean Paradise
Wake up early and drive down to the beautiful Algarve. For a day of cliff jumping into the ocean and participating in other outdoor activities offered like kayaking, paddle boarding, jet skiing and more. When the sunsets let loose in one of the best nightlife cities in Portugal at Lagos.
- 7:00: Wake up early, grab a good breakfast and drive down to Praia da Marinha for a truly relaxing beach day
- 10:20 – 15:00: Run wild in Praia de Benagil and go cliff jumping! Be sure to visit the famous “Benagil Sea Cave”. Then drive to Lagos
- EOD: Explore the city and spend the night in Lagos.
Day 6 & 7: Lisbon City Slickers
End the trip in the Capital of Portugal. Now that you’ve had an action-packed trip finish it off by enjoying the cities sites, people and cuisine.
- 9:00: Drive from Lagos to Lisbon
- 11:40 – 22:00: Once you’re settled in, walk around the city and see some of the notable sites such as the parque Eduardo, Pasteis de Belem, Alfama, Jardim Da Estrela.
- EOD: Enjoy the Lisbon nightlife
Day 8: Departure and Sadness
Time to go back home…
- During this week, you’ve experienced some of the best surfing and beaches in the world
- Board flight and go home