If you’re looking for something to do in Granada Spain, it won’t be too hard to find something amazing. Going to the spectacular Alhambra Palace makes for the perfect trip in its self, but this itinerary takes you there and more.
Day 1: You Cannot Miss the Alhambra When You’re in Spain
You can easily spend the entire day only in the Alhambra fortress. The intricate artwork on every door, sculpture, wall, or window will hypnotize you. This fortress is so iconic that it is even a popular place for movie shoots and weddings.
- SOD: 14:00: In the Alhambra fortress, which is an Arabic fortress and undoubtedly one of the most beautiful places on earth. You’ll find yourself surrounded by endless eye candy. As you walk through the fortress you’ll go through the Palace of Charles the 5th, the Court of the Lions, the Palacios Nazaries, and more
- 14:10 – 15:00: In the Mediterranean-themed Generalife Gardens and mystical fountains, walk through the Court of the Water Channel. All of the foliage of Alhambra is up kept year round to looking stunning, but do not eat the oranges from the trees, they are overripe and very acidic
- 15:00 – 16:30: It’s worth the walk to see the spectacular Silla del Moro Castle. It stands proud and strong on one of the hills of Granada
- 17:00 – 17:40: To get to the Royal Chapel of Granada it’s a far walk or a short drive. But once you’ve arrived at the stunning gold building, the masterful design will all be worth it
- 17:42 – 18: 30: Spain is all about its Cathedrals, so right next to the Royal Chapel of Granada, walk over to the Catedral de Granada
- 18:30 – EOD: Another amazing sight in Granada is the Monasterio de San Jeronimo. Its Renaissance styled tall pillars and gold artwork will have you in a gaze
Estimated Cost: $50