There is a lot to see and do in the immaculate Triglav National Park. You can wander on your own or take some adventure tours to make your entire experience even better. Either way, just by being in this magical place you cannot go wrong!
Day 1: 5 Great Sights of the Triglav National Park
If you are coming into Triglav from Ljubljana the best way to start this journey is to drive through Bled. There is much more to see than what’s listed in this itinerary, but seeing too much in one day would be rushed. While driving around the park there are also many cozy small towns to visit like Studor V Bohinju and Stara Fuzina where you can find some hospitality in meals and stores.
- SOD – 12:00: Make the most of your morning and take the beginner level three hour hike into the Vintgar Gorge. The hike is on a boardwalk hanging off the side of the Gorge’s surrounding rock walls
- 12:11 – 14:00: After a quick drive over to the Radovna Valley gaze around at the amazing views and maybe even have a picnic
- 14:50 – 16:00: Drive over to Lake Bohinj and if the weather is nice you can go out swimming. This lake is surrounded by beautiful dense forests that are inviting for any extra hikes
- 16:05 – 18:00: Take the 30-minute long gondola ride up the Vogel mountain for an amazing panorama view of the national park
- 18:10 – EOD: Take one more one hour hike to the Slap Savica waterfall to end your day outside. This hike takes around an hour there and back