You can’t go to Rome without visiting the great Vatican City. Going there is an all day event so make sure you prepare accordingly by having lots of camera storage for pictures and by wearing comfortable shoes. The city will most likely be out of walking distance from where you are staying so arrange a bus or cab to take you over.
Day 1: See The Sights Of The Vatican City In On Day:
Everybody knows the Vatican City. It’s an area of Italy with great history and many sights to see. The city itself is not very large and very walkable, so once you’re in, you may leave your car at a parking lot and walk from each destination.
- SOD – 12:30: Right as you enter the Vatican City, walk into the massive Saint Peter’s Square. This piazza includes numerous sculptures of Roman history, a large obelisk right in the center, the Necropli di San Pietro and of course the St. Peter’s Basilica. The St. Peter’s Basilica is the largest in the world for Christianity
- 12:40 – 13:40: Among the first sights of the city you’ll see, go to the Sistine Chappell. But do not just gaze at the exterior building, you must go inside and see the absolutely amazing colorful paintings covering the interior from wall to ceiling. The most famous painting in here is called “The Last Judgment”
- 13:45 – 15:00: The gardens of the Vatican are a can not miss attraction. They flourish with different kinds of flowers and shrubs; the garden makes for an enjoyable stroll
- 15:10 – 16:40: Another hotspot in the Vatican City is the Vatican Museum. You simply cannot miss it, the enormous building is shrouded in colorful and personable art, this is a building that is easy to spend hours in
- 16:45 – 18:00: The Cortile del Belvedere is a major area of the Vatican City, it is a courtyard enclosed by massive buildings. In the courtyard, there are gorgeous sculptures such as the Pigna and Sphere
- 18:02 – EOD: End the day at the scenic Apostolic Palace, which is the official residence of the Pope. The palace is also known as the Papal Palace and if you’re lucky, the Pope may come out with a public appearance
Estimated Cost: $70