Good choice picking a vacation in Phuket, Thailand; it’s one of the most beautiful places in the world. In Phuket, there is a lot to do and the entire region treats tourists lovely. Thailand itself is massive and getting from town to another generally takes a while, however, in Phuket it is easy, the roads are nicely paved and enjoyable to drive on thanks to the views and openness. Phuket from North to South is only about an hour’s drive.
What to Bring What to Know Where to Stay
Day 1: Arrival
You’ve landed in Thailand! You’re first full day will be in the Surin beach area, so pick up your rental car and drive south to the first notable beach of Phuket.
- Touchdown in Phuket International Airport and pick up your rental car from one of the many vendors in the area. Then drive southbound to Surin Beach which is where you’ll spend your first night
- Depending on your time of arrival, you may have a chance to enjoy the Surin Beach with some daylight. If you’ve arrived later paradise will have to wait until tomorrow, but you can still venture the surrounding beach town
Day 2: The Fun Begins
After spending Day one on an airplane, you’re probably eager to get out and explore Phuket! Day two has been put together to do just this! You’ll be enjoying the Surin beach then taking a quick drive back north to the Sirnat National Park.
- SOD – 14:00: The beaches of Phuket have different atmospheres, Surin is known to have a casual and relaxing feel, complemented by a wonderful beach town
- 14:22 – 15:30: Hit the midway on your journey to the Sirinat National park by visiting the Buddhist temple of Wat Phra Thong. The temple is designed with beautiful metallic red and yellow traditional Buddhist colors. When arriving at temples in Thailand it is important for girls to not wear short skirts and to cover their shoulders if you don’t have this kind of attire at the time, the temple usually has clothing they will let you borrow
- 15:48 – 19:00: In the Sirinat National Park there are plenty of beachside activities to do, you can go sailing, kayaking, snorkeling, or even jungle hiking
- 19:18 – EOD: Return to Surin for another great night in this beach town
Day 3: Deep in Phuket
As you continue down south to see all of Phuket, day two will bring you to the next beach of Patong, and after that, the Phuket town center where there is lots of action fellow tourists to socialize with.
- SOD – 10:30: After a good breakfast of some Thai cuisine, depart the Surin Beach area
- 10:51 – 13:00: Settle down in Patong, where you’ll stay the night, Patong is known for its nightlife and active party seen. If you like Patong and want to stay for more than one night, don’t worry. You’ll be coming back on day five and six
- 13:25 – 14:25: On your way to Phuket Town Center, stop off on the viewpoint of Rang Hill and look from above down on the towns and forests on Phuket
- 14:30 – EOD: What probably is the most lively area of Phuket. Phuket Town Center is where most of the locals live. Venture the streets and try as much delicious street food as you can find (it’s not hard to find!)
Day 4: Getting Around Phuket
By day four, you’ve seen a lot of Phuket, but there’s more to come! Finish your drive down south by stopping at some more beaches and sites before finishing the day and spending the night in the Promthep Cape.
- SOD – 12:30: Take some more time today to walk the streets of Phuket Town Center. Walking around in the morning may seem less hectic than arriving at night, but still very enjoyable
- 12:21 – 13:30: Arrive to the Chalong Temple. The Buddhist temple topped with a gorgeous orange roof and lives in an opening within the forest. Be sure to bring your camera because the Chalong Temple is a great place to take pictures
- 13:25 – 17:00: An absolute paradise with crystal blue water, diving, sailing, snorkeling, surfing, and more – live it up to the fullest at the Nai Harn Beach
- 17:00 – EOD: There are two options on where to stay overnight on Day four; the Promthep Cape or Rawai Beach. Both of these locations are very close to each other but offer different beaches. These areas are on the most southern tip of Phuket
Day 5: Paradise by the Beach
This is a heavy beach day, but there’s nothing wrong with that! The two beaches you may visit on Day five are known for being loaded with fancy resorts and high-quality restaurants.
- SOD – 11:00: Pack your things and go back North
- 11:20 – 13:00: Spend a good relaxing time at Kata Beach, this beach has many resorts on the coast where you’ll have the options to participate in the activities they offer such as boat tours, kayaking, island exploring, scuba diving, and more
- 13:20 – 15:00: Another lovely area just 20 more minutes north is the Karon beach. Which also has nice resorts and hotels
- 15:02 – 18:00: Break up the beaches with a hike to the 150-foot tall white marble Big Buddha statue. On the peak of where the Big Buddha statue sits, there are restaurants. But be aware, this is not an easy hike; it is a steep climb through the jungle. If it’s preferred there are roads to drive to the top
- 19:00 – EOD: A reunion with the beloved party town of Patong, after a long day of beaches, hiking, and sun enjoy some legendary Patong nightlife
Day 6: We told you you’d be back
There was too much to see in Patong and the Phuket Town Center to only dedicate one day too. Spend all of Day 6 relaxing by the Patong beach and town and if you’d like to drive over to the Phuket Town Center later for the lively nightlife.
- SOD – EOD: Spend the entire day in Patong or go back to the Phuket Town Center. In Patong, venture the restaurants, stores, or catch a Thai boxing match at the Bangla Boxing Stadium
Day 7: Departure
It’s hard to leave such an amazing place so stay in Patong the longest you can before you leave for the airport!
- Phuket International Airport
One thought on “A Week in Phuket”