It’s important to see the world, even if you don’t have the luxury of seeing something for more than a day. The historic, emasculate, and prestigious Versailles is a very popular excursion for people spending the bulk of their trip in Paris. So when you’re there it’s important to know what it offers so you don’t miss any of the main attractions. This itinerary is featured as a day trip in Paris Extraordinaire.
Day 1: Spend the Day Like a King in Versailles
Versailles is known for the Palace, but there’s more to see than that. Although for tourists who want to spend the entire day there, there is no fault in that. On this day trip to Versailles, you’ll have the opportunity to budget your time in order to see the notable sights of the area.
- SOD: 11:00: Enter the Petit Trianon, which is a main building in Versailles. It was built as a request of King Louis XIV of France to be a retreat for him and his maitresses
- 11:25 – 13:30: If you’re up for the longer walk from the Petit Trianon to the Palace of Versailles, it’s doable. However, if you have your car you can drive from one sight to the other. As you probably know the Palace of Versailles is simply awesome in every way. It’s beauty, massiveness, and past draw tourists from all over the world
- 13:40 – 14:10: If you’re lucky, there may be a show at the Opera Royal de Versailles you can catch. If not, still walk inside to see the nicely decorated interior
- 14:20 – 15:30: See the Versailles Cathedral. The Cathedral is a historic landmark and has been used since 1710
- 15:50 – 16:40: There is a lot of Roman Catholic influence in Versailles, but with the influence brings architectural beauty. Visit the stunning Notre Dame de Versailles
- 16:55 – 18:00: Check out the gold magic hallways of the Hall of Mirrors. Inside this hall you’ll feel like royalty being surrounded by so much pretty art, gold sculptures, and mirrors
- 18:00 – 19:00: Monstrous pillars, clean marble walls, a loud and perfect organ all make up the famous Royal Chapel
- 19:00 – EOD: If you’re on a day trip from Paris, its time to pack up and return to the city. But if you’re extending your stay, explore the neighborhoods and towns
Estimated Cost: $60
One thought on “Spend the Day Like a King in Versailles”